View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 02:38 AM
Babs194068

Originally Posted by pab58
Does anyone not have a stash -- ON PURPOSE???? I just finished talking with a co-worker who is also a quilter, and she told me that she doesn't have a stash. She said she used to but found it too depressing to go into her sewing area and see all the -- what she termed -- unfinished projects (meaning the fabric in the stash that has not been used). She only buys fabric when she has a specific project she will be making. She brought in a quilt to show me that she had made for her nephew when he was young. She said she had taken a class for that particular quilt, and when she was finished, she asked if anyone wanted her leftover fabric. The women were agast that she didn't want to keep it to add to her stash. They were even more amazed that she had chosen NOT to have a stash. :| When she does see fabric that strongly appeals to her, she will purchase it and make the quilt right away. Get this: she used to work at a fabric store!!! Once upon a time I worked for Minnesota Fabrics, and I could not resist buying fabrics as we would get in a new collection!!! I don't know how she does it!!! She certainly has much more willpower than me!!! :roll: I do have a stash. It's not huge, and I "shop" from it first when gathering fabrics for a quilt. If I don't have something that will work for the quilt, then I will go shopping for what I need. :wink:

So-o-o-o the question is: do you not have a stash -- ON PURPOSE?? :?
I agree with this person. I have a stash (too much stash) every time I go to make something I don't have anything in my stash that would work in the project. So off I go to buy new fabric to use. I have invited a friend who wants to learn to quilt to use my stash. If I were to start over I would not have all this fabric taking up space.l