Thread: Hello fron NY
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Jenn

Hello everyone, my name is Jen and I'm a new-B. I really don't know the first thing about quilting but would like to learn.

Several years ago I made a quilt for one of my son's using pillow pannels, only problem is I didn't make it quite large enough for his double bed. He must have been pretty empressed or proud because he still has it.

I would like to make quilts for Christmas and thought I'd better get an early start seeing I don't know much about it. The Sunflower square I saw is beautiful and I know my daughter in-law would love that one. I was thinking about pillow pannels again but of course Wal-Mart stopped carring them.

I have read some articals and have found some helpful hints on bindings and such, even found a few patterens. But don't know the first thing about cutting pieces to sew together to make the beautiful designs I've seen or what colors to put together.

The quilt I made several years ago I tied, don't know a thing about sewing everything together or how to sew a design when putting it all together.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ladies.