View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 06:42 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa
I got a funny story for you.

First, let me explain that I am a "new-ish" quilter. I've been piecing and quilting since last oh, September maybe? So anyway, being a newer quilter, I've kept the same rotary cutter with the same blade in it since my MIL gave it to me. Sure, it doesn't cut well, but I just kept using it anyways.

So I was pretty delighted when my dear MIL gave me some rotary blades for Christmas!

I went ahead and changed the blade out and merrily went on my way cutting, piecing, sewing, etc. Only I started to notice a problem. My fabric, when I cut it, was looking shredded kind of. I thought maybe it was poor quality fabric and that it was just falling apart...or maybe that I was cutting it on the wrong grain thing...

Anyways, upon getting frustrated and glancing at it this evening, I suddenly discovered there was more than one blade in the rotary cutter.

Get this, ladies and gents, I put ALL FIVE blades into the rotary cutter, because I didn't realize there was more than one in the package!!!

:D :D :D :D

So next time you feel absolutely ridiculous about something - just think about me, and you won't feel so bad!! :D
You, my darling have a guardian angel who works over time. Mine does too, thank heaven.