Old 01-17-2011, 03:51 AM
barnbum

Originally Posted by stillwaters
Originally Posted by barnbum
Wow! Look at all the replies!! :-D I will be posting an update tomorrow. All the rows are made and many are together and ironed... it shouldn't take long tomorrow!
Barnbum, Your quilt is really REALLY beautiful! I am working on my first Bargello (also a fall quilt) and I was wanting to ask "someone" about the IRONING!!! The pattern says to iron the seams open. this seems to be taking a lifetime! Maybe I'm just impatient... do you press them open, or to one side?? If open, is there a trick to accomplish this more quickly?? :roll:
Hi stillwaters! ( I love your avatar photo--such cheerfulness!)

My directions say to press all final seams to the left, so toward the lower numbers, or row 1. But it wasn't laying flat since some of my strips are 3/4". (Oh I LOVE working with the 2-2.5" strips!) A few said they press the seams open on the most narrow rows, so I tried that and it worked. I hate pressing seams open, BUT what I found works well is to set the seam, then press towards the left, THEN press it open and the iron moves right down the seam with hardly a need for assistance... Try that and let me know what you think.

Are you ready to show us yours?? Have you thought about borders? How do we choose?? :-D