View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 09:43 AM
arlm4

I am a LQS owner and am disappointed by many of the comments. I would love to have sales every week and give freebies and free classes and free demos, etc. Unfortunately, if iI did this, there would be no LQS. We have bills to pay just like any other business ($5 fabric would be great unfortunately, in many cases, that is OUR cost!) Buildings with back rooms for classes, tables, quilt machines, etc. cost lots of money. Teacher sexpect to be paid for their time and effort. It is unrealistic to think that your LQS can open their doors to you for free, you can come in and drink their coffee, eat their food, use their heat (or air conditioning) and lighting while you sew on fabric that you purchased at a mart store and while you share your mart store coupons.

It is reasonable to expect that you will be treated courteously and with respect! Absolutely! Please realize that LQS owners are just trying to keep their business afloat also. Many times they also are juggling families and other responsibilities also. Most people don't want to work 24/7--we have a life to live also. I know you may say, hire someone to work those hours you can't but, again, that is an added expense.

Small businesses are the backbone of our country--please be supportive of those who are just trying to keep our economy running!