Old 01-17-2011, 09:52 AM
barnbum

This is funny: I sewed the last two seams together--half sections--and ironed... and opened...and was sure, after all my careful organization, I'd done something wrong. It didn't look right at all! :roll: I quickly checked the photo on the pattern and it seemed similar... Then I got my camera and when I looked through it I could see the twist was correct. WHEW!! I must say it looks a lot better in a photo than in person!

There were two sections that didn't go together well--too many seams were off, so I ripped it apart and sewed it from the other direction and it went together much better!

Now to decide on borders.

I cannot figure out how anyone can design these Bargellos! The directions say we might want to make it bigger.... Ha ha ha ha ha. :lol: :lol: I couldn't figure that out if my life depended on it! My hat off to anyone who can!! I'm thinking about danmar and her Swish!! :-D

I've decided to use the extra strips for either an easier Bargello pattern (Surf Song) OR for more log cabin squares--like are in my most favorite quilt ever.

Staying organized was key.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162374[/ATTACH]

Done! Now 35" by 51"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162375[/ATTACH]

Strips ready to be sewed...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162378[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-162369.jpe   attachment-162370.jpe   attachment-162371.jpe   attachment-162373.jpe