View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Covered in Threads

Dear Cminor,
As you can tell, we all vary. In looking over the many responses I have to admit I'm an multi-tasker. I currently have 11 quilt tops for sandwiching/quilting/binding, I have 15 different piles (strips, square, circles) I'm adding to as I take my leftover scraps from this past years project and make them in to cut pieces I'll use on future projects. I have a tub of cut fur ready to make into a number of different animals I will handsew/stuff and finish out. There are also two other tubs with fabric and patterns waiting to be cut and let's not look at my wall of fabric stash and the old clothing hanging in the closet for upcoming special projects. Then I have the other various medias I also work with - sculpting, painting, beading, photography - and I still work outside the home at the moment. What still amazes me is that I do get all those WIP's or UFO's done with time.
Life with a fabric enthusiast is never boring and always entertaining, my hubby says. But he has his hobbies and unfinished projects, too!
So after 38 years we've decided it doesn't work to try to point fingers to get the other to change what the other may think needs to be changed.
Find your comfort zone but always make a goal to finish things with time. Our children are grown and on their own now and they admire all that we make for others and craft shows but they also want us to get rid of our stash/collections before we die because they don't want to have to deal with it.
We snicker and smile over the thought of leaving it for them just to get in that last final dig. Makes me smile just thinking about. I wish you luck in finding your comfort spot of how much to work on at any one time. So many tempting new things out there to try.