Old 01-18-2011, 04:09 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by deedum
I just wonder if more people send there quilts out than those that quilt themselves! I just can't send mine out, but I maybe I am missing something! So I am curious as to why!
I enjoy making quilts and it gives me great pleasure to see a totally finished product. For coverlets, I tie them or shadow quilt them by hand, but when it comes to a large quilt, I prefer to have them done professionally. For one thing, I have arthritis in my fingers and it hurts! Secondly, all the work I have done, I couldn't. much less wouldn't, put my work on my everyday, ordinary sewing machine from Target. I do not have the know-how, I do not have the room, and I do not have a long arm. It is so worth it to me to have someone I trust finish a prized possession that I made. We do not have places to take lessons in long arm close by and so that is out of the question. I do have a woman who does my quilting for me. I trust her work and her expertise. I don't need any more than that! They, too, are making a living and I would just as soon help them - they are trained and know what they are doing. Edie