Old 01-18-2011, 08:32 AM
Shelley

Originally Posted by Cyn
Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
I haven't. Kind of need to actually make the quilts I have ideas for before I can think of asking a long arm quilter (I'm getting there though!) But honestly...I'm not sure how willing I'd be to bring one in. I still consider myself inexperianced and I would wonder if the LA quilter would find my quilting skills laughable.
This is my fear also- someone laughing at my work;)
No, we LAers don't laugh! WE were beginners at one point, too.

If you send me a quilt with 'issues', I'll quilt it, AND help you improve your skills. I quilted my own quilts early on, later sending to a LAer. It wasn't until I had that other set of eyes looking at my quilts did I improve. I'm so grateful for the help give me that I try to pass that on to new quilters.

Many of the ladies that send me quilts are into the piecing part of making a quilt. They love picking out the fabrics and design. Many can't physically wrestle with a large quilt under a throat of their domestic machines. I even attach the bindings for them and trim the quilts so, again, they don't have to wrestle with a quilt. I've become good friends with many of my customers and THAT is the best part of LA quilting for others!