Old 01-18-2011, 10:57 PM
1barron

Originally Posted by tuesy
Well, I've done little ones and big ones and even though the big ones aren't the most professional looking, I can say I did it from start to finish.
I'd love to send this one ugly annoying quilt of mine out to have done, but I didn't realize the back needs to be bigger than the front when on a frame.. and guess who doesn't have any more fabric.. :lol: and then there is the cost.. although it's not a big quilt, it's still money that needs to be paid out, plus the postage x 2, so I just muddle with them all myself... until I can get my own machine.
Ooh and if you're wondering about the ugly annoying quilt that I spoke of.. well it's back in the bag, in a drawer so I don't have to look at it. Out of sight, out of mind!! :lol:
Most LA quilters need an extra 8 inches on both top and sides because of how the quilt goes in the frame and the quilting that is done. However, if you are not picky, just add fabric that you do have to the backing to get your size that you need. Just try to make it as few seams as possible.