View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 10:48 PM
butterflywing

this is a giant pain in the a**, but if you spent a lot it may be worth it to you: you can contact the att'y general's office in the state that the company had their business. there will be an online form where you can report the fraud (that's what is now is). hold on to whatever records you have' that would be any receipts, any statements or confirmations. etc. try to remember what days you tried to contact them and write that down. you want to have a record of everything pertaining to the sale and non-delivery. eventually, a real person should get back to you. he/she will ask specific questions and want copies of everything. you probably aren't the only person who got cheated, so they'll have a file. their office will bring suit against the company. if there is any money left after they went out of business, the money will be divided among the people who got cheated. if they filed for bankruptcy and have no money, there won't be anything for you to get back. whatever you paid on your debit card has been spent and your bank is not really responsible for that money. it's like giving someone a signed check. i think your best hope lies with the att'y gen'l. i can tell you it takes a long time and a lot of patience. if you paid what you consider to be an amount you can live with, you may not want to start this process. i did it for a great deal of money (and that was on a credit card that american express did not want to return the money on within two hours) and i would not bother doing it again unless i was desperate because by the time we got the money back (10 mos)we would have starved to death. the attorney general's office finally got our money back from american express and i doubt if AE ever collected from the cheats.

forgive my asking, but what is the fabric company that did this?