View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 07:10 AM
IBQLTN

Originally Posted by JudyG
Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
don't forget Black and/or White go with just about every color, Black and teal would really show well together
I agree, black and teal are gorgeous together. I sometimes think we (I know I) try to match things too much and I'm amazed at how beautiful scrappy blocks turn out when I just pull some fabrics and sew them together without thinking about it. That is very hard for me to do, waaaay outside my comfort zone, but it works.
Outside my comfort zone too! My only scrappy quilts have been 'planned' scrappy quilts. The instructor of the first quilt class I ever took told me I was the most anal retentive student she'd ever had and to lighten up and get a life or I'd never finish the quilt. Before long, she had me teaching her beginning quilting class ... I loosened up a lot but you'd never know it!

My Home Ec teacher graded our dresses and then turned them wrong side out and took points off your grade for every thread not trimmed and every notch not clipped off! So, how else would I have turned out ... it's all her fault!