View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 08:40 AM
IBQLTN

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Originally Posted by Jeanine
Originally Posted by IBQLTN
I'm really frustrated with myself. I decided I was going to use the teal awareness ribbon fabric in honor of my mom who passed away from Ovarian Cancer. She was also my friend and I miss her.

I looked and looked and could not find a teal that matched or blended with the doggone ribbon color! I've had it a few years and it's probably the 'old' teal. Everything I put with it last night looked muddy (dull) in comparison. I'll look harder this weekend. I really want to use this fabric AND my stash.

Then I decided I would use some left over puppy paw prints by Debbie Mumm and make it into a 'mug rug'. I don't have the right brown to go with that one! (And the background on this is the 'new' teal and there's nothing that matches that either ... grrrrrr!)

At this rate I may just grab some scraps just so I can say I completed the darn block!
My son's school colors were teal and purple. Surprising, they actually looked well together. Perhaps that could be another color to check out.
Jeanine
Teal and pink is another possible combo - very tropical and south Florida-ish...

My fabric finally arrived this morning and it is so yummy! Blue and purple batiks. I'm hoping to do my stars tonight!