Old 01-20-2011, 04:44 PM
sewnsewer2
Power Poster

Originally Posted by huggabug123
A quick question as I am fairly new to embroidery by machine...How do you know where to put the center of the X in the hoop to begin with? I tried this with my machine only find that it didn't matter where I put the center of the X because my machine moves the hoop to where ever it decides it needs to be and then it sews on the design. I put the center of the X right in the very center of the hoop each time and find that the design ends up being off from center. I am currently working on little pillows for the girls in my daughter's class room as a Valentine gift for them. I thought it would be a great way to try and figure out this machine ~~ same design made 12 times. None have been in the area I need them to be. One thing I am sure of, this machine has a mind of it's own and I need to make sure that I leave a lot of extra fabric on the outside edges to ensure that I can complete the project I want to create. It's got to be the machine that isn't right, right? :0) Any other hints or tips you would like to share would be greatly appreciated by this newbie. Thanks for sharing.......Carol
If I am starting from scratch, I will make my fabric larger then I need and after the design is stitched, I measure the center then cut my fabric to size.

Otherwise, check your machine setting by your manual. It will tell you how to do that. When stitching a design, it normally doesn't start in the center of the design anyway.

Hope this helps.