View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Berta48

Originally Posted by diannemc
My Darling? Husband is a TV person..He has no hobbies...Watching TV is all he does when not working...I am not!!..I love my sewing..He has always hated my sewing...
I don't know why except maybe the money it takes and the time it takes away from him...(and maybe the pins he has had to pull out of his barefoot a time or two :oops:)
Well the other day I finished a quilt and showed it to him.. He said "Thank goodness you are through".. I am sick of all this quilting..It use to be sewing now quilting... I wish you would just stop it..." I just turned and looked him square in the eyes and said.."Quilting makes me happy....and trust me....You want me to be happy..." Am I the only one here who has a hard time with a husband who doesn't understand to joy of quilting??
So sorry tohear that.

My DH says whatever makes me happy makes him happy.
He hasn't hobbies either but he always tells me my projects look nice. He even goes to the craft shows with me and helps.

Have you asked him why he doesn't want you quilting?
I sure hope he comes around but you gave him a very good answer :thumbup:

I quilt in the daytime and spend my evenings with DH and we watch TV and eat popcorn.Seems to work for us :thumbup: