Old 01-21-2011, 03:06 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
What a nice welcome! I wish you all knew how bad I've felt about not participating. I know everyone says not to beat yourself up, but it's hard when you turn into a flake! Anyway, I'm gonna take baby steps...I finished my Indian Orange Peel quilt and am making another big one. As soon as HE moves out next weekend, I'm gonna open all my Jane boxes and try to start in!

Thank you all so much!
Love,
Esq
Try turning it round Rach - You didn't turn into a flake, he did it to you! Once he is gone , then you can start to heal, albeit slowly. I think I took longer to get over my marriage break up than I ever would have if he had just died.

If you have finished a quilt recently, then that was a great thing, and now you are doing another - more therapy.

As for Jane, you might feel that you are miles behind, but not necessarily, because along the way, we gained more interested quilters who are at different stages, and probably haven't got as many blocks done as you have, so fret not, as we finish our Janes, we aren't going to abandon this thread, we are here to cheer on everyone else.