Old 01-21-2011, 07:32 AM
seweasy

Well, I got through the "EQ5 Getting Started" book without alot of trouble, most of it I remember but after finishing it I started on the "Quilt Design" book and I was captivated! I finally found what I have wanted to do most since I started quilting, that's the Irregular Grid quilt block shown on page 44 called Stars and Geese. I love the scrappy look of quilt, would like to do a mixture of geese and star blocks along with some of the blocks having some appliques. Its almost like a puzzle; the pieces are irregular in shape but all fit together in a quilt. If you don't have this book, I would recommend you try some of the used books sites like Amazon or Thrifty Books, I found mine on Amazon because EQ doesn't sell V5 books anymore. It was slightly used but that doesn't bother me!
Have a great weekend, Chris
I think this book will help me more than anything in planning new quilts because I have a hard visualing what something should look like but if I have a guide or picture of something I have something to start with. I would never be any good at designing something original but if I an example I know I figure out what I want. In the back of book, there are some amazing examples of borders and sashing designs, some are even blocks themselves used in a different way.