Old 01-22-2011, 01:18 PM
vintagemotif

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Nancy
I was very excited about the Blue Magic discovery - now I am a little worried about using anything. I don't want to turn those decals silver!

Nancy
I keep reading blogs. Everyone who has used TR3 have been very pleased and haven't had problems with the decals. It seems the decals turn silver in the cleaning process. NOT the polishing process, which is the TR3. If the shellac is already damaged or if you clean the shellac/varnish off, then if you aren't careful, you can quickly turn the decals to silver with the cleaning product of choice. I found a Yahoo Davis group, that I'm going to ask questions on cleaning this machine. I too do not wish to ruin the decals. I read where some folks only use sewing oil to clean the outside followed by a polish, Turtle or TR3. Since the sewing oil doesn't contain a removal chemical (even a mild one), it doesn't turn the decals. This most likely is what I will do, but I need information from folks that have gone through similar situation.

Forgot to mention that most still try to avoid cleaning or polishing over the decals. They use a Q-tip around the decals.