Old 01-22-2011, 05:57 PM
BettyB

Originally Posted by oops
When we had snow here in SC we got a phone call. The guy wanted us to renew Reminisce. I told him NO. He continued to tell me about this big deal for the year plus six FREE ones. After telling me all that he said he would sign me up for a year. I then asked What is it going to cost? I already knew no matter how good a deal it was not going to be renewed. He told me it was only $33. My reply to that was "If I had $33 I would be sitting in a doctors office right now and spending it on medicine." My head was clogged from sinus. Then I repeated NO we were not going to renew it. Later that week we got a renewal for one of them for $10. We still are not going to renew it. After reading this whole blog on here, I know we will never get anything in mail again.
Another time we got a call from the police org. the man told me that they had not received our donation yet and he called to remind me. I was furious. I know we never offer to donate to anything over the phone. It was legit but he did it in a very strong tactic way. I called BBB on them as first of all I was not sure if it was legit.
Always someone out there to rip us off.
I realize these people need jobs but enough is enough
I checked this police and sheriff donation pleas for money out with the Secretary of State and I was told that these are solicitors and they get 80% of the money they collect and the police or sheriff departments get 20%. So when they call I throw this info out to them.