View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 11:24 PM
Quiltforme

Oh my gosh that explains my husbands cancer scare! I told him not to do this but he was the expert!

Originally Posted by LaineyBelle
DON'T USE PEROXIDE FULL STRENGHT!!!

My husband's family always used it for anything that hurt, he said it was a home remedy they always used. So when I had a cold sore in my mouth, he told me to rinse my mouth out with it. So I did, for 4 days, then I looked in my mouth - it looked like someone had taken a seam ripper and ripped the inside of my cheek from the back tooth to the front tooth. I thought I had cancer or something. It scared me so bad, I got an appointment to see the doctor the next day. He didn't see it at first because he looked down my throat. Then I showed him and he was shocked by the way it looked. He said not to use it in your mouth like that. I killed off all the good bacteria and chemically burned the inside of my mouth. It has been 2 weeks now and it still hasn't healed yet. If you have to use peroxide, use one that is dulited. You can get it at the drug store.

When I was little and had ear aches, my mom made a little ball of pepper in a cloth and put warm oil on it and put that in our ears. That worked for us. We had ear aches all the time. She cut a circle out of the fabric, then put pepper in it, used a string to tie it up, then heated oil in a spoon and put the ball of pepper in it. It stayed warm long enough for us to go to sleep.