Thread: Grrrrr.....
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 07:43 PM
fratcat

Many years ago my first husband and I had moved into a brand new luxury apartment in Atlanta. We were proud of our apartment and we had white furniture, a little unrealistic maybe, but it was just us adults and no chilren. My husband held an office in the local Jaycee chapter and had to have a meeting with the other men in our apartment one evening. One of the men brought his wife and she brought her children and throughout the evening I was reminding her that her children was messing my walls up and please not allow them to misbehave. One had been given chocolate to eat by the dumb mother and it melted on his hands and he wiped it on my walls. I was seeing red. After many attempts to get her to control the child, of which I was ignored, I decided to take matters in my own hand. I went into my kitchen, grabbed a bucket of water and some spic and span and right when she and husband were beginning to leave, I gave it to her and told her she had to clean up what her child had destroyed. She was a little shocked at my being so forward, but her husband apologized for what his child done to the walls, and he cleaned it up for us. Needless to say, they never returned to my house. In my house, I am the boss, and I expect my guests to also be courteous and careful. I will not be a doormat for my guests. If they mess it up, and ignore by request to have their children behave, they will clean it up.