View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 04:51 AM
quiltmaker101

Originally Posted by deerviewquilting
Where in SoCal did you live? We were in Huntington Beach. I really miss it in the winter. 20 degree and snow on the ground. I long for the 65 degrees. :)
I'll be posting some pictures soon. I have a full custom for a LQS on the frame right now, can't wait to finish it. Then maybe I'll have time to finish my own quilts for Christmas! HA!
I lived in southern OC for 32 years, mostly in Lake Forest. I also lived in Costa Mesa, Mission Viejo, RSM, and Laguna Hills. Loved taking the kids to Newport Beach when they were little. Miss the Mexican food (Roberto's) Coffee Bean and Tea leaf and PF Chang's - pretty much all restaurants in So Cal. (Don't tell the locals here, but most food here is like truck stop food.)

I had a Lake Forest neighbor who moved to Louisville, so KY must be a magnet state for people who want to get out of Cali. I wanted to get out for a long time. Crowded, people are unfriendly and snobby, prices were ridiculous, and the traffic!!! I lived real close to where the "Real Housewive of OC" live, and let me tell you, they are not acting on that show.

I miss the easiness of gardening there and cooking with gas most. I could grow anything in my yard. Out here you could spend 100% of your time trying to keep the weeds and fire ants down!

I think I went to M and L's once. I was hooked on Material Possessions and Leah's more than any other quilt shops though.

Glad to have you here!