Old 01-25-2011, 04:48 PM
sandpat
Power Poster

I think there are a few more who have been working along but not posting here. Pro has been working on hers....and I think there are a couple more who have been posting on their own blogs. When we all finish...one of us should gather up a finished pic from everyone and post a new thread under Pics with a shot of everyone's quilt like we did for the IRR2 finished quilts. Again...JMHO... And.....

Yeehaw!!! I WIN the stupidest quilter of ALL award!!! :blush:!!!

This morning I got all excited about laying out the quilt and attaching the tri borders.....so....I did and the 1st thing that I noticed was........ta da....I sewed the left side and bottom COMPLETELY backwards! :shock:...Yup...I very carefully laid out, arranged all my tris correctly, numbered and labeled them...the forgot to make an allowance for the direction that I sewed them together! So...look closely...where LS1 is supposed to be...it is LS13..LS2 ended up as LS12....and so on. :roll: Am I doing anything about it but laugh????? NOOOOOOO!

So...here are progress pics from today...

Elle, I think you wanted to see the trapunto..here is the back and how I put the batting together.

the trapunto work with the excess trimmed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167957[/ATTACH]

Batting sewn together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167958[/ATTACH]

Tri borders added
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167959[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-167952.jpe   attachment-167953.jpe   attachment-167954.jpe