View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 04:49 AM
deema

You are not alone. The most I ever have going on is two quilts and usually only one. I might do a quick small project in the midst of them (think, coffee cup cozy, mug rug, a small bag, maybe some oven mitts or something), but I always finish the littles asap, and go back to my quilt(s). I don't like having UFO's hanging around. They mess with my brain and I end up feeling overwhelmed and like nothing is getting done, then I lose motivation to even try to finish.

Right now I'm taking my time with a large applique quilt for my husband, and I'm soon to start a quick D9P for my daughter. I'll only work on DD's quilt when she is awake and can watch or help me (ha, it's really not so helpful, but she likes to 'help' and since this one is for her, I want her to be there to see it come together). So after bed time or when DD is in school and DS is napping, I work on DH's.

I do have several "ladies in waiting", fabrics put together, some with a pattern, some without, waiting to be started. And I do plan to start MY quilt, which will be a huge sampler of whatever I see that I want to do, and I plan to do "a block here, a block there, until I have enough. It will be an ongoing project that will take a long time, but it (hopefully) will not become a UFO.