Old 01-26-2011, 08:36 AM
TootieAnn

Originally Posted by mrspete
I stay away from the organizations because they regulate me from the spirit that gives me release. I put my heart and soul in things and they aren't big and fancy, but they are kind hopefully helpful. I do lap quilts for elders and veterans at the VA Hosp. I have four that I am doing to turn in at Church because we choose a family in distress and help them find jobs and a home again. Usually there are about four in a family. Just a bit off the beaten path, but something I want to do. I've helped Jan in Va with a few items and I've done two quilts to raffle off, one for cancer and one for a project. Lawww, just look around you. The world needs a hug! I love hugs and quilts are wonderful hugs, dontcha think?

Blessings, Ruth
I quite agree Ruth. I recently had a house guest who was being abused in her own home. I made her a quilt for Christmas because I thought she could take that with her and wrap up in it when things are hard. It was also something that fit in my budget as a last minute gift. I had most of the materials here at my house so I only had to buy a small amount of fabric for the setting squares.