Old 01-26-2011, 09:14 PM
imacoffeesnob

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Originally Posted by Quiltforme
I honestly think the quilts you make will work for teens/young adults those seem to be areas where the quilts are the fewest.
I'm assuming you're refering to the fact I make heavy metal or video game themed quilts or quilts with a lot of black in them. Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way (I have been "moody" the last couple days, I'll admit), but its like you're saying I'm completely incapable of creating a charity quilt that would be orientated to children.

One of the ideas I had for a charity quilt was a pink and chocolate rag quilt with pink rag edge applique hearts on the chocolate patches. Seriously, what average little girl wouldn't want that?
I don't think that is what she meant at all. Any little girl would love that pink and chocolate quilt. I personally have made quilts for Victory Outreach, a drug rehab; quilt for kids; our local hospitals; the VA; fire dept; and my favorite, the sheriff's department. Make what you like, and give from your heart. The recipient will love the quilt you make, after all, it has some of you in it.
Peace