Old 01-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Originally Posted by Quiltforme
I honestly think the quilts you make will work for teens/young adults those seem to be areas where the quilts are the fewest.
I'm assuming you're refering to the fact I make heavy metal or video game themed quilts or quilts with a lot of black in them. Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way (I have been "moody" the last couple days, I'll admit), but its like you're saying I'm completely incapable of creating a charity quilt that would be orientated to children.

One of the ideas I had for a charity quilt was a pink and chocolate rag quilt with pink rag edge applique hearts on the chocolate patches. Seriously, what average little girl wouldn't want that?
I would LOVE to see some of your quilts. You actually fill a niche that most of us miss. My quilt group has made American Hero quilts and quilts for kids at Children's Hospital. We have raffled quilts for the local food bank and for cancer. Don't change for anyone! God wants you to use your talent and YOUR personality to make a difference in your world.
Well....since you asked...
[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/100_0064.jpg[/IMG]

This is the last one I worked on, or rather the top of it: "Ode from a Maggot" (hardcore Slipknot fans are called "maggots" for the way they "feed" off their music). Actually, its still unfinished. All that's left is the quilting and the binding (the t-shirt parts were tied). It was going to be a very late Christmas present for someone who was supposed to me my friend who turned out to be the biggest jerk (I wouldn't use the term "jerk", but the word I want to use would get me banned from here). Ripped out the custom made label since then. Still have a lot of bad vibes from the whole thing so I'm going to wait a while before finishing it and then once its finished my brother is going to get it...he's seen me make this thing since day one and he loves Slipknot so I know he'll appreciate it.