Old 01-27-2011, 02:51 AM
ottermomDebbie

Originally Posted by BrendaY
Craft Warehouse has a 40% off one item sale on til Jan. 30 or 31. I just bought a cute minkee (I think that's what they're called) kit to make a gift for a baby boy due in May. Forgot to look at how it was made! There are 2 brown solids, 1 orange solid, and 1 jungle pattern fabric included. Help!!
Hi Brenda,
I’ve made several of these quilts. They are delightfully easy and quick especially in a baby size. My current quilt is a Cuddle fabric from Shannon Fabrics, Inc.
Their web site has patterns: http://www.shannonfabrics.com/index....bd8ed1d4bc92c5
I’m working on an adult size strip quilt for my son; all Cuddle fabric.
The backing Cuddle is starting the process by pinning it to a wall on top of a paint drop cloth (thin plastic).
The batt goes on top of that ~ pin at top and spray baste the layers working down from the top, smooth as you go.
I place the top layers on my bed to keep them in order.
Find the center and spray glue the center strip (horizontal line)
Use ½” seam; 90/40 Schmetz stretch needle (I’ve used my regular quilting needles with no problems also)
The second strip to sew goes face down on this; pin and then take off the wall to sew. Fold open and glue down strip two.
The third strip sews to the other edge of the center strip. You work out from the center in both directions.
Sew and spray glue until you have the size you want.
Hand smooth after each sewn seam when you glue. I never iron this fabric.
Trim the final edges. The binding I use is a 1.5” strip. I sew it to the front; miter the corners and hand stitch the back.

I hope this makes sense. Have fun. See the web site too.
Debbie