Old 01-28-2011, 05:56 AM
Happy Treadler

Originally Posted by raedar63
Lots of good tips on here, I did check out the barnett site and watched the vidieo. I really want one of these!
LOVE the Barnett hoop. Best investment I've made in a long time. AND, I've discovered even another use for it. Since I've been learning more and more here about different techniques of hand quilting, and learned many people mark their quilts as they go, I've started also to do that. Last night I was on the couch and was moving my hoop to the next block. I realized it needed to be marked, so I looked around for the kid's lap board to have something to write on. THEN I thought, I can flip my hoop over because it has a solid bottom and THAT can be my lap board!! I was so excited because now I don't even need to get up. It's the perfect size because I'm marking the size that I'm quilting. I just take my work out, flip it over, do my marking, flip back over and re-insert into the hoop. Voila! The only problem I could foresee is if you're marking larger areas, but at the same time I think it may still work because you only mark a piece at a time. Just had to share!

Yeah, it's kinda silly that something so simple could get me so excited. ha ha 8-)