Old 01-28-2011, 08:02 AM
seweasy

Hi! Well things are back to normal now! I thought part of my EQ program got corrupted because I lost the User Library function in both blocks and fabrics. But after un-installing and re-installing it, I realized I had lost the color function in the block library. After putting the program back, I realized that I had been looking at black/white sketches of the blocks. They're supposed to be in color! Shows how much I know about the program!!!!
After all that I did plan out my first quilt and got it saved to the sketchbook! I feel like I'm making real progress!!!
I decided a few nights ago, that I wasn't going to spend money on tutorials without first really trying to take the EQ books one step at a time, to see if I couldn't make it throught them.
Always thought my biggest problem was trying to have some idea of what quilt blocks I wanted to use and how would they look together. But someone offered the best solution I've heard so far, save pictures of quilts you like and learn to design in EQ from the pictures. You start to notice the layout more, what blocks are used together and the color combinations. I think that would make learning the software a little interesting than just playing around with the examples in the EQ books.
Can't believe it's Friday. Have a nice weekend! Chris