View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 03:52 PM
oma66

I cut off panty hose legs that have runs in them to store my tubes of wrapping paper in, I cut my own hair, I buy my clothes at thrift stores (many times they are new), but do get new ones for Christmas also, when my bath towels get ragged around the edges, I add "ribbon" made of fabric wrapped around the edge and sewn down, I use cloth napkins, I cut up DH's old white undershirts to use as rags for cleaning, make my own window cleaner from vinagar and water. I also iron used wrapping paper and tissue paper to use again. I use plastic shopping bags in the waste baskets in the bathrooms. I use the reverse side of mail for my copier to copy things that are just for my files. I barter when I can, though a lot of folks don't even know what that is anymore.

I use glass jars I buy food in for storing other foods, instead of plastic ware. However, we hardly ever have left overs as I cook just enough for one serving for each of us for dinner.

I only shop at fabric stores when I have a coupon, clip coupons for foods and for resturants (buy one entree, get a second one free.)

I turn boxes inside out and reglue to use for shipping and have done the same with envelopes. I cut down one end of cereal boxes and use them to store magazines in. I buy my make-up at the dollar store. I do use paper towels when I am painting though as I would have to throw away home made wipes for my oil paints anyway.

I gleaned a lot of new ideas from ya'll. Thanks.