View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 05:25 AM
lakesidequilter

Hi Anita:
I love your new table. Not sure if you've got an answer yet, so thought I'd add my two cents worth.
I have an ironing table--a big board that the canvas top is stapled to. But I wanted to keep that clean and have something I could remove to launder if I needed to. So I just made a removeable cover for it. I used home dec fabric which is a bit heavier than our quilters cottons. I just wrapped it up like a present and used some velcro to attach the skirt to it. I hide all sorts of clutter underneath. Hope that this explanation helps!
see photos of my studio here

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-93990-1.htm
Originally Posted by AnitaSt
We're remodeling some rooms and while our carpenter was making shelves for my sewing room, I asked him to build me a cutting/pressing table based on some photos I gave him. He did great! It's not painted yet. The top and the extension leaf are topped with white laminate with a wood border. It's 24" x 52" and the extension leaf makes it 48" x 52". Good size for basting.

Now...I need a pressing pad to put on top. He cut me a piece of 1/4" plywood and I've seen posts about using a stapler to attach batting and a cover. Do you think velcro would hold the fabric cover tight enough? Would make it much easier to change. Has anyone done that?