Old 02-01-2011, 01:35 PM
LaineyBelle

My wonderful husband took me shopping for a L A machine this weekend. There were only two stores that had them, one was the BabyLock Jewel and the other was the Viking.
The Jewel was set up so I could try it. What a great feeling to be able to just stitch all over anyway you wanted. They had two set up, one with the frame at the largest setting with a quilt on it that someone was working on, and the other at the smallest frame size that anyone could try it out. I had worked with a Juki machine before, but this one was so much nicer!
The Viking wasn't set up for quilting, it was just sitting on the frame. It was a nice machine too, as well as having a nice frame too. But both of them were over $9,000 - and that wasn't what we were planning on spending.

So I went online and checked out what was there. I didn't realize there were so many brands. So I would like to hear what any of you think about your L A machines.
I have found a few that were in my price range,
The New Joy Crystal Quilter, the Handi Quilter, A1 Elite Quilter,
Tin Lizzi, and the Queen Quilter. I think the Queen Quilter is made by Tin Lizzi, but the dealer that sold it, just sold it as a Queen Quilter. And there is one call the WOW quilter, and it has 3 models and they are very reasonable. $3,100 for machine and frame. Has anyone got one of these?

I would appreciate your feedback on your own machines, tell me what you like the best. I am really excited to be getting one of these machines. I do embroidery too, and I have lots of embroidered blocks that I can use for my quilts. Since the economy isn't what it used to be, and business is so slow, I have decided to start making things to sell. And if I can get the hang of it, I know there are lots of quilters in the area that would like to get their quilts quilted. So it could be a money maker too. But for the time being, its just to finish my own quilts.

Thanks!