Old 02-01-2011, 02:38 PM
bjeriann

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I've been away for awhile, I need to catch up.

As someone who was obese and still very much overweight, I would like to say a 20 pound loss is fantastic.

But, I would also like to caution those trying to lose weight, 20 pounds in one month is a lot of weight to lose. That amount of weight could be dangerous if you are not being monitered by a doctor. I would not encourage anyone to try to lose that much weight unless they are under doctors supervision.

1 to 2 pounds a week is a healthy weight loss. This represents about a 28,000 calorie reduction, whereas 20 pounds is a 70,000 calorie reduction. A reduction of 2,300+ calories a day.
I won January's challenge with 24.5 lbs lost. I know how I did it isn't for everyone. I did talk to my Dr. before starting and she told me some things to look out for. So this is my diet plan:
Breakfast - I have oatmeal and fresh fruit.
Lunch - small salad
Dinner - another salad or zero point soup from Weight Watchers
If I feel hungry between meals I have fruit or veggie sticks.
I drink alot of water along with 2 daily vitamins.
I go to the gym 6 days a week and I go up and down our stairs (10 -12 trips each time) 4 or 5 time a day.
I feel better than I have in years. I saw my Dr. yesterday - my blood sugar is down to normal range, Cholesteral is at 150, and my blood pressure is down too. She was suprised I lose as much as I did. I will try to kept going this month. Good luck to all of you. I have my F4 ready to send out on March 1st.