Old 02-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Quiltmaniac2010

Originally Posted by lalaland
I'm seriously considering the Janome Horizon, I've read lots of reviews but what I want to know is, those of you who have it, what DON'T you like about it, if anything, and have any of you tried quilting on it yet? How did it perform?
I bought my Horizon in April when it first launched. I absolutely love, love, love it!!! I haven't had a problem with it "hesitating" on seams, but to be honest, I am only quilting on it. (I just remembered, I did put in a zipper in my daughter's hoodie and it went over the bulky seams with no problem) It comes with the Accu-feed foot (a built in walking foot) but that foot is too wide to do 1/4" seams. Get your dealer to "throw in" a 1/4" Accu-feed foot. I bought my Horizon in Canada and paid $2499 with no trade-ins. Believe me it is worth every penny. The jog dial does take a bit of getting used to, but is very quick once you get onto it. I love that it remembers the settings from your last sewing session and automatically remembers them. You can also save "favourite stitch" with width, length, etc. remembered with just the push of a button. It comes with loads of accessories, I especially love the huge table for free motion quilting. As I have mentioned in other posts, I have mine set up on a Grace GMQ Pro quilting frame and it is amazing. Next best thing to a long-arm!! Don't hesitate ladies - just find your best deal and go for it!!

Linda