View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 05:14 AM
pieces

So where do you quilt? It looks as though there is more coming in than going out. I think you are brave to show these pictures. Because I could never quilt in a cluttered room like this. Maybe I'm just a neat freak. I believe a place for everything and everything in its place. If I don't have a place for it, I don't buy it. My sewing room is a small bedroom and I don't buy fabric as long as my shelves are full. Making quilts uses up my stash, when my stash gets low I plan quilts to make, then I buy more fabric.
Personally I think you need to de-clutter, sell or give away a lot
of your clutter, aparantly you don't need it or you would have used it in a quilt by know. By the posts here at the QB it looks as though people let this hobby get out of control.
How can a quilter choose fabrics for a quilt in a cluttered room with fabric that is not organized. I want to see 'all' my fabric at a glance when I begin a quilt. I do not want to have to dig through piles of fabric, or go through containers looking for fabric. And I don't want to run to the quilt shop to buy fabric everytime I start a quilt. These are just my opinions and I am not pointing fingers at anyone. I do belive organization to any hobby is important.