View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 07:25 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by 1screech
Welcome to my world. I have spent most of the last week trying to finish a job I started last September. I separated my sewing room into a Longarm/embroidery room with only backings, threads, battings and those things associated with longarming and embroidery in one room.

I moved all fabrics except for fat qtrs to my "regular" sewing room. My fat quarters are in plastic pull out drawer cabinets under the longarm and I don't have room for them in my regular sewing room. My yardage fabrics are in three 4 ft. wide cabinets. It is all folded, organized by color in the cabinets. I am working on getting the fat quarters organized by color also. Today, I separated scraps I am using in "15 minutes of play" (google - or check out my blog with info on the scrap blocks I am working on currently -http://sewcrazyfl.blogspot.com/). I also put wider strips into another box for the spiderweb quilt I am in the process of PP. I also separated all larger scraps to be sewed into strips or cut into blocks. I feel like I have accomplished a lot but it was very slow going. Anyway, there is hope, just pick a spot and start.
that 25 minutes to play is fun....when I did save a ton of scraps, I would take thinner fabrics, and cut them into 14" squares, and then would sew odd strips/pieces to them when I all I had was 5-10 minutes to sew....before you know it, you can trim those down to 12.5" square and make the neatest scrappy quilts..and little kids don't mine at all that they are not a Mariner's compass or Baltimore album!