View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Lizzygail

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Lizzygail, it is wonderful you can have this space to share with your Mother. The room is totally awesome. (Your thinking "Yes it is" :) :thumbup: ). I am so happy for you to have it to enjoy. You gave me several ideas and food for thought. I think I have not seen a design wall used as cabinet doors. This is one of the ideas I want to use. Enjoy every moment. It is awesome.
You probably can't see it very well, but one thing some of my quilting friends thought was a good idea is the curtain rod that is attached to the top of the design wall cabinet. I use skirt/pants hangers to hang a large quilt to audition borders or just to hang it once pressed and ready for quilting. It also allows me to put new quilt blocks on the wall even if the first quilt is not totally complete. I just gently move it to one side and it stays neatly pressed while I work on the new blocks and arrangement. I did this when I was in another room with the design wall directly attached to the wall. Same idea - allowed me to be working on several projects in different stages at once.