View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Gwenny

I sent fabric out a couple days ago for a swap and my postmaster says $4.95 for what I can put in the envelope and it is not just for documents. So my thought is...I will continue to do it this way through the PO. She has been postmaster for many, many years.
Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Ladies, this flat rate envelope issue with the post office is really getting my German/Irish ire up. I have been assured by my PO that she will accept the envelopes as I have been mailing them in all past swaps. Some of you have reported that your PO will not take them for mailing, yet there was a post from a Postal worker a week or so ago that stated that the Flat rate envelopes were acceptable for swaps and should be accepted, that the FRE were not just for documents. So, before you start mailing your blocks with the return envelope, we need to come to a concensus as to how this should be handled. One option is to use the tyvek Priority mail envelopes, they are priced by address and weight. I know that I can get 4 sets (if I need to), but I can't give you a solid price. The problem is that without a confirmed price, the host most often ends up paying the additional postage and there are some who do not honor the generosity of the hostess. I have to say that I have had many who (apparently knowing this) have sent extra $$ because of this. Very nice on their part, but again, not their responsibility either. So, this being said, I have not had any problem shipping with the flat rate envelope of $4.95....so far, because according to MY PO, if it fits, it ships. So.....please give me your thoughts.