View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Maia B

Thank you a for your support and advice. A charge was posted, but refunded as I insisted. Turns out this Sammy of sewingmachineoutlet.com and Precision Sewing Machines in Convington, LA has quite a negative reputation on the patternreview.com board. I'll try to post a link: http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-...asses/board.pl That's just one thread that involves complaints about them. So many businesses are getting so sleazy. Or apathetic and rude. The dealer that I bought two machines plus a cabinet insert, feet, needles, thread, fabrics, etc, etc acts like I'm not worth their time mist if the time, but when I called to get some spare parts (just in case) and feet for my various machines, I had to give a CC # to special order a bobbin case for like $17. Hello? I've spent thousands with you and you can't trust me for $17!?! But I didn't pay in advance for the insert, which was over $70. Fortunately there are 3 Bernina dealers within an easy drive, one is very new, and the other two don't impress me at all, but if I buy a new 440 or 820 I'll have some options. The only brand they have that isn't better represented nearby is Pfaff, and I'll make a longer drive if need be. But how foolish, they had me, and now I won't buy anything there I can get elsewhere without too much trouble. Silly dealers...