Old 02-11-2011, 12:21 AM
jpthequilter

Originally Posted by coletteelizabeth
Absolutely second that, spend too much time on here so much to learn from everybody and so admiring of the stunning work that is displayed here. Will gather my courage in both hands one day and post one of my first creations (when I figure out how to do it)
Can I help you get started? with a pattern and advice?
At least I can encourage you. If you are just beginning, pick out a nine patch block to make. It takes two colors, so get some 5 inch squares in colors you like, by asking any quilter, or store keeper to help you cut the squares, and lay them out, and start sewing them by hand. It is faster and easier than you think it will be, but how can you find that out until you try?
Make three nine patch blocks. They do not have to be the same colors, just colors you like.
Sew the three blocks together in a row.
Although, it does not sound like it, the easiest thing to do with that is sew it into a table runner - also by hand.
And you will have to look up how to do that by clicking a "how to help" or a "tutorial on 10 minute table runners"
It is just one step at a time, that makes every beautiful quilt. I WISH YOU WELL! Jeannie