Old 02-11-2011, 08:07 PM
charismah
Banned

Originally Posted by bamamama
Originally Posted by charismah
Our LQS is participating in the "under our wings" program.

They did sign ups for coaches and beginners and then they paired up beginners with a coach for quilting lessons....and while they are learning to sew they are making "Quilts of valor." Our LQS is giving 10% off all patriotic fabrics...and donating backing and batting...and long arm quilting. We got the backing ..but I am providing the batting and letting my son use my machine.

There is also contest and prizes.

Carl was paired with a friend of mine because he has a mild form of asberger's and has certain quirks ..so he needs an understanding coach.

My 13 year old son Carl has always said he is going to be a soldier when he grows up. HE also loves art...he doodles, paints and draws..this is a new form for him..but he takes it very seriously and I am super proud of him!

I knew this may be something he would like to do....he works at his coach's house every Saturday morning..he gets so excited to go he can hardly eat his breakfast and he perseverates over everything he is going to learn....Here he is....
My youngest (now 25) also has mild asberger's so I understand when you say he needs an understanding coach. Along with that there is usually a high level of intellegence and a very artistic ability. Benjamin is now a very talented web designer. I see Carl has some of your talent!
That describes Carl perfectly....he could jump many grades ahead if he wasn't socially awkward..he loves art and poetry. Very soft, kind hearted child. HE wants to be a soldier or go to architect school. He would do well as a soldier only because it is a very strict lifestyle...and he thrives with rules and regulations..set schedules..but I would hate for the free side of him to get crushed....God will lead him!