Old 02-12-2011, 09:15 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by luv2learn
Nancy that little wall hanging is darling. . . I sure wish I had know about these vintage and antique machines before I spent THOUSANDS of dollars on fancy new machines. It is amazing how many of us have purchased the newest and fanciest machines and never learn to use all of the features on them. I feel sick to think I could have accomplished most if not all designs with the older machines, with the proper knowledge to use them combined with a little of my own creativity. . . . I'm thinking maybe to start TRYing to sell some of my newer machines to make room for more vintage and antique machines. Thanx for sharing all of your knowledge
Well I second everything you said. I paid $7,000 for a very fancy machine that now sells for $12,000. It is only a few years old and does not work! I made the mistake of putting in a generic bobbin, (I didn't know it was generic) causing some damage that makes the machine skip stitches (it won't sew at all even straight stitching now). I haven't got the machine fixed yet. The new machines are just too touchy! The old machines took all kinds of abuse and still kept right on trucking!

The FW maintenance class I took a few days ago was a perfect example of how well those old machines work. One of the gals in the class pulled out a ton of lint, and threads that were wrapped around her bobbin hook/race up to 6 inches long! That machine still sewed, although, I am sure it was much happier after being cleaned up! Try doing that on a modern machine and see if it will work!

Nancy