Old 02-13-2011, 10:25 AM
samsews

Originally Posted by isewcrooked
This is my first post on this board. It may be my last. This entire line of thinking disturbs me. Because I am a relatively new quilter, I enjoy every tidbit of information that I can find on the web in terms of instruction and ideas. I've been participating in quilt a longs because they help me step outside my comfort zone. Do I like every block? No. But I would never, ever, be critical of someone who took the time to put it together for the rest of us. I'm sincerely grateful to every blogger who makes the effort to share with the rest of us.

I've discovered techniques that work and some that don't. That's okay. There may be easier ways to do something, but at least I'm doing something! Not all of us were born with fully formed quilts in our heads... Some of us still need the beginner instructions (and may always need those instructions). What seems simple to some can be complex to others.

Thank you to all who make/take the time to do the quilt a longs. I'm so proud of myself whenever I finish a block that I might not have otherwise attempted. It may not be perfect, but I did it! I need the detailed instruction and the practice - and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I've only been quilting for about 4 years, so I'm relatively new to it. But I've been surrounded by it my entire life. My mother taught me and is still teaching me. She has been quilting for 48 years and still is.Mom has always told me that to never let someone tell me that the way I'm making a quilt is the wrong way because it is my quilt. I read all of the posts first and then came back to yours. Mom was a member of this board for quite a while and then quit suddenly for personal reasons but won't tell me why. If the posts on this topic are an example then I don't have to ask her anymore. Please don't leave,I'd like to know I have a friend on here who doesn't put down other quilters.