Old 02-13-2011, 11:46 AM
samsews

Originally Posted by RST
Pumpkinpatchquilter -- you're making very nice strides in being forward yourself. But in my world, that doesn't equate to rude, nasty, or proud.

I don't have time to respond to all your points, but I can tell you another hobby/industry in which there has historically been that kind of interaction with the "big names" -- that would be scrapbooking. And it got pretty silly over time. I personally think it would be nice if quilting didn't go down that road, but shrug, what will be, will be.

My rabid fellow quilter actually approached me at the ironing board, not vice versa -- I have eyes only for my own pressing. Just want to help you adjust your vision of how that exchange went down.

Have a nice day.
RST
I am new to this quilting board but not new to quilting. My mom has been quilting for 48 years and is still quilting and running her own quilt shop. She would never criticise another quilter or quilter's techniques the way you have.She would have more respect for her fellow quilter.That said, we would never criticise your technique.Every quilter has their way and their own talent.