Old 02-13-2011, 01:28 PM
NannySandy

Hello everyone. What a beautiful day the Lord is blessing us with today. The temps are 64 degrees. It is gorgeous outside. Hubby and I went to early church service this morning, then out for our Valentines Day a day early. I do not care to fight crowds in the restaurant tomorrow night. So, we went today for lunch. My favorite place to eat out is Lonestar. We don't go there often but I just LOVE their peppercorn steak. Oh, I had my mind made up all morning. I was going to have steak, potatoe, the homemade bread, and I was going to pig out. You hear me??? I was PLANNING to pig out. How dare me!! Well.....we got to the restaurant and I was staring at the menu, ready to order. Well, guess what? I didn't order the steak. I ordered grilled chicken. Never had it there but it was scrumptious. It was so juicy and delicious, I didn't miss the peppercorn steak. I even brought half the chicken home with me. Time the waitress set my plate down, I asked for a to go box and put half the chicken in there. I did have backed potatoe with very little butter. Peppered it real good, as I love pepper, and a side salad. I only ate 1 small slice of the bread loaf. I was proud of myself and I am still full.

One of our neighbors passed away last week. He and his wife had no children. She had a private funeral with just their closest friends and what few family members they have. His wife had invited all our neighborhood (small, only 12 houses in here), to come to her house today at 1 for an "open house". She requested no one bring any food or drinks. Oh my goodness, ya'll should have seen her big dining room table. It was FULLLLLL of cakes, cupcakes, cookies, plus some unidentifiable things. I didn't get close enough to even take a good look to see what all was there. Hubby ate a piece of rum cake and said it was so moist and delicious. I didn't eat a single bite of anything. Oh, I would love to have scooped it all up and brought it home with me for later......No, I wouldn't. I've worked too hard and done too good. But the old fat me would like to have scooped it up and brought it to my house. So, I'm sitting here now, drinking a glass of water as I type. I was proud of myself for turning it all down. And I know, the fact we had just left the restaurant helped me too. I hate to admit it, but it wasn't all willpower that turned away from that dessert.

I hope you all have a wonderfully Blessed day. I'm thinking of Missy and hope she is feeling less anxious today. Bless her heart. Prayers for her continue. I'm going to head outside and enjoy some sunshine. Hugs to all, Sandy