Thread: A "Nattyism"
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Diannia

Here's a few for ya:

1. When DS#1 was little (about 3 or 4) he told me he wanted to go into the backyard to see the "queer" again. My DSIL's X was in the backyard and I was mortified to think he was calling the guy that name. I asked him to repeat what he said and he said, "The queer...you know up on the wire". He'd seen a SQUIRREL and got the name mixes up.

2. We call our 3 yr old granddaughter "Scooter" sometimes cuz she scooted when she was a baby. We were teasing her one afternoon and her older sister (5 yrs old) wanted to get in on the teasing but couldn't remember "Scooter" so she called her...ready for it???..."Skateboard"...too funny.

3. The 3 yr old loves copying the 5 yr old. Sends the 5 yr old through the roof! She's always yelling...Nana! Mia is coffeeing me!!! I've tried and tried to get that one corrected but she just doesn't seem to hear the difference yet.

4. Other 5 yr old granddaughter came into our life last year when oldest DS got engaged. My name is Diannia (pronounced Diana) and the kids call me Nana...well DGD calls me Nana Fadana. She can say Nana and Diannia seperately but not together. Too cute to correct on that one!

5. One last one for ya...my DB called 7-up Whiskey Pop cuz my dad taught it to him when he was really little. Embarrassed my mom to death when he yelled it out "Mom I want me some Whiskey pop" at the store 1 day. She gave my dad a big chewing out that night!

Diannia