View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 12:59 PM
candi

Patti, thanks for the info on chocolate fabric, I'll be considering the possibilities.

Lesley,
Your work is so beautiful! I love every block you made and starting to think that I am behind :mrgreen: you are going to be done before I even buy my fabric,lol. But I am enjoying watching,learning and planning.

Ducky and LindaAnn, I am joining your forces, boy what have I gotten myself into :shock:

Ok, I spent some more time with the book last night and at break at work today...using machine appliqué, I feel that I can simplify some of the blocks, so I am hoping no quilt police will get me,lol. My blocks may not look as elaborate but I think I'll like them.

And not to put the cart in front of the horse here, but those of you doing machine appliqué, how would you quilt these blocks? The little appliqué I did, I always did outline quilting, about a quarter of an inch all the way round the shapes, but with many of the blocks, it looks like there isn't enough space to that, and I am not sure how it would work quilting over the appliqué stitches if that makes sense. And the embroidery, how would it work doing the embroider after the sandwich in made as part of the quilting? Has anyone done anything like that? The one concern would be hiding the knots...I am just brainstorming here, I sort of like yo get an idea of how this quilt could be completed...don't have and don't want any UFOs :mrgreen: