View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 11:46 AM
M.I.Late

Originally Posted by mim
How sad -- I am in a paperback book exchange and one of the requirements is NO SMOKERS.

A lady in our snowbirds quilting group went to a new fabric shop that has just opened and while chatting with the owner, she could smell the tobacco smoke on her. She decided not to buy anything there and warned us all of what she found.

Maybe we should all put a note about wanting only smoke free items when we buy or exchange

Mim

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
I bought some recently charms online and when I opened them up the smell of smoke recently filled the air :(
Learned my lesson to ask before I buy :)

I REALLY REALLY don't want to wash these. Being only 5 inches I don't want to loose a bunch of fabric by having them unravel.

So any suggestions. Anything that I can stick in with them to remove the smell? I was thinking about sticking them into a big ziplock with the baking soda pack you can buy for the fridge? I LOVE the charms! Just not the smell :) Thanks!

I'm not sure that's fair to boycott her store because she smokes. I seriously doubt if she smokes inside or rubs her fabrics all over her smoke laden clothes. Smell the fabric, not the lady... Does your fabric smell like your perfume? Probably not... Just don't think telling others not to shop there is like saying she has bad breath so don't shop there... it could ruin the fabric. JMHO