View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Corry

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
I have a Baby Lock Ellure plus. With all the little extras i spent $1600 I love it. I rarley attach the embroidery arm. I just don't have anything I want to embroider! Plus you have to invest in the thread, Between a fabric stash and a thread stash, I would rather put my money in the fabric stash. The thread just really adds up. $5-$8 a spool.
I ordered alot of thread from Metro thread online. It is VERY reasonable and I really like it. There are several ladies in my embroidery group that have bought alot of this too and like it very much. http://metroemb.com/Mini%20Spool.html These are the mini spools with 1100 yds of thread per spool which are the traditional sized spools. Not the little skinny ones but the short fat ones and they are 75 cents a spool. Beats $5 to $7 dollars. I started out with embroidex, madiera and polyX threads and npw have 43 spools of the metro. It sews and looks just as good as the expensive thread. I was skeptical at first but then saw the thread someone else bought and she let me borrow a color I didn't have and was very impressed. I really enjoy doing the embroidery and use my machines alot. I also enjoy applying the embroidery in my quilting as well.